Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Demented Seal

Views

I have officially lost my voice Oh I know you all most likely thing that's great, finally some peace and quiet! Well I would say something very rude back, but I can't right now my throat hurts. But rest assured I'm thinking it!

It took about 6 hours to get the Mustangs winter tires on, get the registration papers and change over the number plates and insurance and jump start the battery into life.
Yes I did help, I wheeled and lifted tires around, 3 of them to be exact. Ruined a pair of white gloves (I couldn't find the other ones) operated the car jack and brushed foot thick snow off the entire car. That's not a foot of snow total, that's how thick the snow was covering the ENTIRE car.

At least we have a heater that works and a radio that works and a car that works 90% of the time.
Once the immigration gods bless Kyle and myself with an application acknowledgment (I don't mean they say yes or no I mean we have to wait 3-4 months for them to say "yes we received your application now live on tender hooks for up to 18 months" I can get a work permit and then a job and with a job I can get a car payment!!!! Which means a CAR!!! One with shiny red paint and a name like Gertie and a radio and a heater (and AC for summer) and most of all an engine that doesn't decide it wont work today but might tomorrow if you talk to it nicely.

Now for your enjoyment two random photos
















Janice Webb and myself at my last Singing lesson.
I was VERY lucky to be taught by her. Ironic me
Posting this today... when Ive lost my voice.

















Kyle's family over for Roast Chicken dinner in 2008.
From left to right Pete (K's Dad),
Ingrid (K's Paternal GMother)

Pam (K's Mother), Mary Lou (K's Maternal GMother)
Kyle and Vagn (K's Paternal GFather)

Lord knows what's on that TV in the background! Your guess is as good as mine!

Happy New Year every one!

P.S. Your more than welcome to comment you know, sometimes I feel as if I'm talking to myself. I'm not asking for a novel of dickens proportions in return, just a line or so to let myself know I'm not crazy!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

New car!! Great idea! And I'd say the stang works more like 92% of the time

Trish said...

love the new photos it sounds like you have had an interesting time with the car!!rather you than me...at least both cars are red easy to find in the snow!!I hate snow
Today is New Years Day and it so friggin hot im losing my mind even the snow start to look appealing..
Im sure you souind like a very nice demented seal..happy new years eve
mum