Monday, December 22, 2008

My favourite things

Views

I love puzzles, they are awesome. Lets face it your either a Sudoku person or you not. I personally choose to not do math in my free time, I have never done math voluntarily. Maybe its because I'm a visual person but I LOVE doing a puzzle. Its still a challenge for the brain, its fun and you can piece a puzzle together with another person. There is no downside to a puzzle!


I love the beach, I know that sounds strange coming from someone who is absolutely and irrationally phobic of water but I grew up on a Pacific Island, its impossible for me not to have SOME affinity with water. One of the things I hear in Kamloops that I NEVER thought I would hear is people talking about swimming in the ocean for the first time....I love the feel of the sand as you walk on it with barefeet, I love the salty smell of the water, I love the people being with their friends and family and being out in the Sun. Even better when you have an ice cream or fish and chips to share as well. How could you possibly have a bad day were you looking at this....















Brownsbay Beach (Auckland NZ)during Christmas 2007


I love reading to, unlike watching TV I have to use my imagination, and create a world for the characters t
o live in. I feel like I've done something good for myself. Someone once told me that reading was food for the soul and truly believe that. I hope you all get a book for this years Chrismahanukwanzakahmas, it is the best gift you could ever recieve. If your donating to charity this year, along with much needed food give books. I love Sunday drives, packing lunch and a thermos and driving for an hour or two in the car. Sunday drives are just awesome. Growing up I remember taking many late afternoon/early evening drives with Mandy, Brandon and my Mum and Brother. We would go to a beach, get fish and chips and it was a great time.

But you know what I like best, Parties. They don't have to be big or flashy and they don't even have to cost a lot of money. I went to a dinner party last night, just two other couples and the hosts but it was so much fun! We played a game (apples to apples) and had Mexican food.
I have never been the type to enjoy being out all day, I get plain worn out after a few hours, but a few hours shared over dinner can be the best time in the world.

OK and I love puppies, those are my favorite thi
ngs !



















But who doesnt love an energetic, loving puppy.

There are so many wonderful things we have in the world, during the end of year holidays is the perfect time to reflect on your blessings of the year past and look forward to those to come.

Next year I will hopefully be able to call a place "Home" for the first time in 4 years. I will be living in an exciting city (Vancouver) and both Kyle and I will be embarking on new careers.
Oh and we might just be getting a puppy!
Next Christmas I will hopefully get to meet my new and only Niece, and I will get to catch up with people I havent seen in two years.

My next year is full of hope and that makes me smile. I hope your 2009 is going to be one of the best years will have, make sure you enter it with the right attitude. There is enough bad stuff going on in the world without more negativity being put out there.

Do you have a warm safe place to sleep at night?
Do you have family and friends who love you?
Do you have safe drinking water and enough food to sustain you?
If you can answer yes to all three then count your blessings, those three things alone make you one of the most blessed people on this earth.

Next year I have goals set to be more healthy, more content and less materialistic. My biggest goal is to be supportive of myself, I wont use negative self talk (you all know I talk to myself just like my crazy grandfather did), I wont be mad at myself if I slip up. I wont compare myself to someone skinnier or prettier or richer than me. As selfish as it might sound, 2009 is the year for CJ to treat CJ well. I'm going to be kind to myself and to my loved ones.

That's my New Years resolution, nothing punishing, nothing negative. I have never understood these goals that seem like punishment for past behavior. Giving up smoking or drinking or meat, losing weight, making more money.... sheesh what a boring 2009 even the wording is all wrong. Call me a hedonist but if I'm going to loose weight its going to be because I am happy enough to have an active lifestyle and eat well not because I'm going to eat lettuce and seeds.

Giving up, loosing, stopping (insert vice here). No wonder no one ever sticks to NYR's. I don't want to come off as preachy but it's frustrating hearing your loved ones beating themselves up because of their perceived failings. In 2009 be kind to yourself. Remember less anger more smile.

Now if you will kindly excuse me, I'm off to do a puzzle.

Merry
Chrismahanukwanzakahmas!!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Merry christmas
I remember the breakfasts on Christmas day at the beach...black doris plums, pancakes with bananas and cream yummo!!!
that puppy looks so cute, the ears and expression melt your heart...
I think what you have planned for the new year sounds good advise to me maybe everyone should take your advise!!!
your always an inspiration have a wonderful Christmas love mum