Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tick tock tick tock

Views

Nope I still don't have anything back from the lawyer. I appreciate everyone asking Kyle and I if we have anything back but we don't.

Yep it has been ages, and yep it seems as if it's taking forever, thank you for asking.

I promise that the very SECOND we hear something we will tell you, we will tell ALL of you. I am checking the mail every single day at 11am.

Just to explain here is what we are waiting for. Its easyier than repeating myself 100 times in person or on the phone.

1. My renewed visitors permit (that allowes me to stay in Canada until we get an answer)
2. My police checks from Canada and New Zealand.
3. Once we get those I have to go for a medical in Kelowna. We can't just get the medical over and done with now because the immigration wants a "fresh date" on it.

The police checks are due back any day now.

4. When we have both the medical check back (and I'm declared healthy) and the police checks then we can send in the actual application.
5. Then we wait 12 weeks for a "letter of acknowledgement" or LOA
6. When we get that letter we can send off for an "open work permit" which allows me to work in any job (except elderly and childcare) until we recieve an answer from immigration.

7. After we recieve the LOA we then have to wait 6-18 months for a decision from Immigration Canada. The fastests the lawyer has ever had an answer is 6 months, the longests it 12 months so we are hoping to be in the middle.

8. We could be called in for an interview (worst case senario) not that we don't have an authentic relationship, but apprently they are TOUGH. An interview is typically a bad sign because it means they want to "check you out" so interview really means interrigation.

All this will take a while. So lets not get ahead of ourselves. I only have to do this once (thank heavens!) and as Kyle and I have no control over the speed at which this all happens we are just trying to forget about it until we can make some kind of progress. We are trying to not make it the central issue of our lives.

I'm trying to keep busy, we did just a 10k fun run with friends Stephanie and Matt last weekend. It was very fun. Kyle and I want to do at least two more this summer (update on the fun run coming tomorrow).

I'm still involved with the players, Kyle and I did some scenery painting two weekends ago (flats and doors and a trellis that took three of us almost an hour! Tonight I'm signed up for Front of house for the current play and we are going to see it Saturday.

I am getting my resume ready for (were hoping september/october) at which time we will be renting out the apartment and moving to Vancouver (YAY!!!!!).

Hope you all are well... you can comment you know... I don't bite... hint hint!!

No comments: