Friday, August 28, 2009

Can you help?

Views

Hey Everyone, I usually only use my blog for vanity purposes, updating on my personal life. Today however, I feel that I need to alert the very few people who read this blog to a situation that needs attention.

I follow a few blogs, my favourite being
Susie, a 50 year old American who has moved with her husband and son to Saudi Arabia. Susie is lucky enough to be surrounded by a loving family and although she struggles with the culture sometimes, she generally enjoys herself. As you might know Saudi Arabia has a culture much different to that of a western country. Women are held to a different level and are not equal under the law.

I am not going to make this a political post, suffice to say that Susie has posted about a friend she knows and trusts who is in dire need of help. She must reach out and depend on the kindness of strangers. Her blog is here, please read it and decide for yourself if you can help.

Can you help?

I am donating some of my birthday money from my Mother (with her blessing) towards this lady. If I was employed I would donate much more. I would hope that if I was ever in this position that strangers would help me.


I know what it is like to feel like an alien, an other, the novelty in a strange country and culture. I am blessed that Kyle treats me like an equal and I feel loved and supported here. I can not imagine how difficult this womans life has been.

I beg you to help her, because this could happen to anyone
.

I also have seen a woman to be fooled into an abusive marriage and then treated like shit. I saw that woman struggle and triumph through out my childhood with the help and love of friends and family.

Now imagine if she didn't have the protection of the law, imagine if her friends were far away and she had to struggle just to work, to protect her children.
Every single dollar helps.

Please find it in your heart to give.

You never know when your t
ime of need will come.


No comments: